Tuesday, August 5, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Backgrounds!

I am currently participating in the Online Card Classes, Stretch Your Stamps 2.  The first two days have been about backgrounds.  Unfortunately a lot of the background technique require water coloring or other supplies that I don't have.  However, I did the best I could with the materials that I had on hand.  I will probably be investing in some water colors and paper soon.

My first card uses the Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Cling Stamp Fleur Background.  I stamped it with Versamark Ink on white cardstock and then heat embossed the stamp with white embossing powder.  As I didn't have any water colors, I used Copic Markers to color the background.  I cut the image down to fit on an A2 card and cut out a portion of the image to leave room for a sentiment.  I chose the miss you sentiment from Paper Smooches Scripty Sayings and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I used foam squares to mount the background image on my white card.



It's hard to see in the photo, but I did heat emboss the background stamp with white embossing powder.

I am entering this card in the MarkerPOP! Challenge #49 - Anything Goes.

Challenge #49

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful & perfectly CAS. You might not have had all the supplies, but you certainly improvised wonderfully to create such a beautiful card. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete