Saturday, November 15, 2014

Another Holiday Card

My next two cards are fairly similar.  I liked how the first one turned out, but I was inspired to try in landscape as well. I think I like the second one better.

I started out by stamping snowflakes from Mama Elephant's Season's Greetings set in Memento Summer Sky, Teal Zeal, Lulu Lavender, and London Fog.  I used Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder to heat emboss the Happy sentiment from Mama Elephant's Happy Everything on top of the stamped snowflakes and the Holidays sentiment onto a scrap of white card stock which I cut out and used foam tap to mount over the y in Happy.  I finished the card off by mounting the while panel on some teal card stock.




For the second card I used the same stamps in the same colors, but with a landscape card instead of portrait.  Instead of Liquid Platinum embossing powder I used Ranger Princess Gold.  I also added strips of gold with my Pilot Gold Paint Marker and some Pretty Pink Posh 4mm sparkling clear sequins.  I really like both cards, but I think the gold edging and sequins really make the second one shine.



I am entering this second card into the Mama Elephant and Me Holiday Cards & Tags Challenge.


2 comments:

  1. This fab die is on it's way over the seas to me right now, and I'm so happy because I just love how it looks on your card. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm so glad you could join us again at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the very first card best--it's simple and serene!

    ReplyDelete